The Dorothy Richard's Retreat Cottage is set apart as a place of rest and recharge for those in full time Christian service.
It was bequeathed, debt free, to the West Charitable Trust, which is a registered charity with a Christian ethos, who now run and maintain the cottage as a service to the Christian community.
The house is a two bedroom linked cottage in the Cotswold village of Long Compton, being only 50 yards from the Red Lion pub.The pub was originally built as a coaching inn in 1748, and is a Grade II listed free house.
Dorothy Richard's Retreat Cottage is located in the Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. With a nearby prehistoric stone circle (the Roll Right Stones), there is as much of interest to the historian as there is the tourist, with visits to Chipping Norton, Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water etc.